We're looking for a Junior Designer to join our Sportswear Design Team. We're looking for someone early in their career or recently graduated. You'll learn from some of the best around, and get involved with some amazing clients and projects.
As a junior designer at Onboard Sportswear you'll have some awesome projects to get stuck into. Starting with providing day-to-day design support to our customers and slowly taking an active role in more strategic design projects.
- Work alongside our other designers to undertake a range of design related work
- Create on brand design work based on existing styles and guidelines
- Create original design work based on project briefs
- Work directly with customers to understand their requirements
- Work on graphics, digital & print projects and create work to the highest possible standard
- Communicate your ideas clearly to other team members and customers
- Keep up-to-date with industry trends
- Contribute to our marketing via social media sharing and supporting the Marketing Team
- Be an ambassador for Onboard Sportswear both in and out of working hours
- Be friendly, supportive and helpful to our customers
You'll have recently bounced out of uni or are unfulfilled in a junior role. You'll have an abundance of energy, exploding with creative ideas and looking forward to rolling your sleeves up and getting stuck in!
You'll be ideas focused, keen to learn, happy to contribute and have big ambitions about your design career.
Your work will show us that you understand design thinking, process and will have a unique and creative approach towards your work.
You'll be well versed in the usual design software (we use the Adobe Suite mostly - specifically Illustrator and Photoshop for presenting concepts and creating production ready artwork for print).
- £20k salary with a pay review after 6 months and then annually
- 21 days holiday + bank holidays
- 3 free days holiday over Christmas
- Office & remote working — Remote working with team meetings.
- A MacBook Pro
- Long term growth prospects, mentoring and opportunities to progress to more senior levels as the business grows
You will be required to work from our office in Bridgend, South Wales with the occasional WFH days. The role is full time and permanent. Our core hours are 9:00am - 5:30pm Monday to Friday. We have an excellent flexible working policy and we’re supportive of people’s different lifestyles and commitments. We will happily work something out for the right candidate.
How To Apply...
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to your portfolio (or PDF folio), with 'Junior Designer Job' as the subject.
We only want to see killer work (sports themed work would be advantageous), plus a CV and covering email of fewer than 150 words on why you're perfect for the role and a good fit for us (make it interesting!)
We have work ready for you to get your teeth stuck into, so we will be looking to fill the spot ASAP (so don't hang about). We'll be looking to fill the position by start of October at the latest.
Please don't contact us. Thanks :)